- The tablet industry is expected to grow 38% between now and 2015, growing from 67 million units to 248.6, according to Transparency Marketing Research.
- According to a recent study, more than 1.19 billion workers – 34.9% of the global workforce – will be using mobile technology by 2013. This will create a lot of users traffic .
- Mobile analytics gives enterprise organizations the ability to analyze, collaborate, and act within a single workflow for better decisions – across lines of business and in any industry, which involves a high volume of business data in the backend.
- Utilizing mobile devices requires that by considering limited CPU speed, reduced memory and storage, narrow bandwidth and high latency connections, and limited battery life.
- This creates the potential business case to achieve good performance and scalability with mobile business applications.
- Understand mobile applications and different platforms
- Importance of performance and scalability in enterprise mobile applications
- Different performance test approaches for mobile application to achieve better performance and scalability
- Understand Performance KPIs for Mobile Applications
- Performance Testing for Mobile Applications at SAP (Through case study)
Mohan Kumar B S, Associate Quality Manager, SAP Labs India Pvt. Lt
During the8 years with SAP, Mohan has been working in the area of SAP Business Suite development and software test management. He is associated with performance testing of business suite applications for more than 6 years. He has established product standard performance testing process(landscape set up, tuning, requirements collection, ramp-up, team set up, execution, analysis, reporting) & inculcated it within the team. This enhanced the skill sets and reporting mechanism and has been much appreciated by all the stakeholders. In his current Performance Test Architect role, he has developed performance test concept for Business Suite Mobile Applications and conducted tests for many mobile applications on different mobile platforms (iPhone, iPad, Android, etc) .
He has been driving the topic of performance testing in various events like SAP TechEd, SAP Quality Day, Engineering Cross Function(ECF) Day and has presented “Large Systems and Load testing” at SAP TechEd 2010.