“Careers in Software Testing” Presentation to 5th semester Information Science students at Dayanand Sagar Institute on Saturday, Feb 16, 2013 from 10.00 AM – 12.00 noon.
- LAKSHMI SRINIVAS, Senior Test Manager, IBM
- VENU SUBRAMANYAM, Director, Testing at Prysm Displays
- NIKHIL BHANDARI, Senior Development Manager – Quality, Intuit
- MAHIMA PRABHU, Member – Technical Staff, Prysm Displays
1. Brief overview of Software Testing including the Future of Software Testing
2. Short speeches by young Software Test Professionals who will share their experiences, the challenges, the learnings.
3. Student interaction
STeP-IN Forum collaborated with IIIT-B during the year 2011 with the objective of facilitating increased student-industry interaction. M.Tech students who had chosen Software Testing as their elective undertook special projects under the guidance of STeP-IN Forum committee members. The topics for the research projects were suggested by the participating organizations.
The research projects were undertaken on the following topics:
- Role of QA in creating Enterprise Architecture
- Strategies to avoid excessive Testing ( e.g. orthogonal array)
- Making sense of different testing metrics
Project guides/Mentors from STeP-IN Forum:
- Umesh Kulkarni, Testing Service Line, L&T Infotech
- Renu Rajani, General Manager, IBM
- Srihari Reddy, Delivery Manager, Prakat Solutions
- Sriramadesikan Santhanam, VP-IV&V, IBS Software Services
One of the projects was showcased at STeP-IN SUMMIT 2012 at Bangalore in February 2012 . The paper “Making Sense of Different Testing Metrics” was presented by Deepa R, MTech (IT) Student, IIITB – Bangalore.