The Open Space or Un-conference:
No pre-planned list of specific topics, no pre-planned specific agenda; only open minds and an open space.
The Open Space is a great way to explore the emergent ideas and agendas of participating members.
Why Open Space
- The issues that are most important to the group get discussed.
- The issues raised are addressed by the participants best capable of getting something done about them.
- All of the most important ideas, recommendations, discussions, and next steps can be documented in a report.
- When sufficient time is allowed, the report contents can be prioritized by the group.
- Participants feel engaged and energized by the process.